The way you prospect depends upon what type of product or service you offer and where your customers are at. Here are five of the most common types of prospecting:
- Inbound Marketing — has become the most popular way to attract customers because it’s non-intrusive and prospects come to you attracted by the valuable content and tailored experiences you provide to them.
- Social Media Outreach — Using Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Linked In, and other social platforms to attract and engage potential customers.
- Referrals — Referrals are one of the easiest ways to grow sales by asking happy customers for introductions and recommendations.
- Networking — A preferred form of prospecting because it does not feel salesy. It feels warmer because prospects get to know you and build trust before entering a sales funnel.
- Outbound Prospecting — Any kind of marketing where you initiate the conversation with your audience. This can include TV and radio ads, telemarketing, banner and display ads, billboards, print ads, cold calling, and pop-ups.