David Frankel is a managing partner of the consultant firm Slingstone Group and he lists five signs that workplace politics are threatening your organization:
- An individual’s personal rewards do not align with organizational rewards.
- There is a “system” that needs to be worked, and the best navigators are rewarded.
- Urgency takes a back seat to process, and the stakeholders in the status quo become threatened by change.
- People who do not regularly produce results don’t get fired or reprimanded.
- The average employee has little knowledge of and visibility into the company’s decision-making.